07 January 2012

The post Adam Gibbs 3

Surely one day someone will want to Google Adam Gibbs, and I want to make sure when they do, they find this page first. Why else would this page say his name more than his own Facebook?

16. Gadsby - Ernest Vincent Wright (156 pgs) This is the book that is famous for being a full length novel and not containing a single letter "e." It is also famous for no one buying it when it came out. It survived out of curiosity for the novelty of it, but I have never heard anyone say it was a good or interesting book. But it is short enough. I am kind of leery of it though, because it is probably going to be really boring, and it is coming off of the Adam Gibbs 6, and let's face it, there is a reason I have never read Les Miserables. 3,232 pages to go.

17. Pulp Fiction Selections - L. Ron Hubbard (688 pgs) I know in an earlier post I said I wanted to stick to one book per author, but come on, after the Adam Gibbs 6 I deserve 688 pages of fast paced pulp fiction. Now, I know nothing of L. Ron apart from the fact he founded Scientology. I have heard his pulp fiction was quite average, but all of the books have glowing reader reviews. Of course, I have to wonder if the reviews are non-biased, but still, the concepts for each of the books I am reading seemed really interesting, and each book is fairly short, so each one should be a quick read. And for the curious, here are the L. Ron books I will be reading: Cargo of Coffins, Danger in the Dark, The Carnival of Death, Dead Men Kill, and Hostage to Death. 2,544 pages to go.


18. The Final Testament of the Holy Bible - James Frey (400 pgs) Okay, I was wrong, there is a new Frey book I can read. And it really isn't news to me that it exists, I guess since I loved his previous three books so much, I have convinced myself that there is no way I will like the new one as much. We will see. I am sure it is great. 2,144 pages to go.

The list so far and running page count:
1. Swine Not? - Jimmy Buffett; 256
2. Moby Dick; or The Whale - Herman Melville; 870
3. The Stranger Beside Me - Ann Rule; 1,542 
4. Flow My Tears, The Policeman Said - Philip K. Dick; 1,773
5. Duma Key - Stephen King; 2,384
6. Things I Overheard While Talking to Myself - Alan Alda; 2,608 
7. Greenwich Killing Time - Kinky Friedman; 2,774
8. Murder in the White House - Margaret Truman; 3,009
9. Dexter in the Dark - Jeff Lindsay; 3,312
10. The Idiot - Fyodor Dostoyevsky; 4,080
11. The Sound and the Fury - William Faulkner; 4,544
12. Things Fall Apart - Chinua Achebe; 4,753
13. Me Talk Pretty One Day - David Sedaris; 5,025
14. Les Miserables - Victor Hugo; 6,401
15. A Collection of H.P. Lovecraft Short Stories - H.P. Lovecraft; 6,612 
16. Gadsby - Ernest Vincent Wright; 6,768
17. Pulp Fiction Selections - L. Ron Hubbard; 7,456
18. The Final Testament of the Holy Bible - James Frey; 7,856

No comments:

Post a Comment