05 January 2012

Continuing the list

So, I figured this adding 3 books a post thing sounded like a good idea, so that's how I will continue, at least for now. So here we go.

4. Flow My Tears, The Policeman Said - Philip K. Dick (231 pgs) I have never read Philip K. Dick, and honestly, the only reason I have heard of him is because I have some friends who talk about him with me, but talk about him in a way that makes it very obvious that they think I know who he is, and can contribute to the conversation. And I usually just say, "uh huh," "yeah," and "good point." So I read the summaries of 3 or 4 of Dick's books and decided this one fit my interest the most. 8,227 pages to go.

5. Duma Key - Stephen King (611 pgs) I have never read anything by Stephen King. ANYTHING. And I don't know why, but for some reason when I got an Amazon.com gift card for Christmas, I tried to see how many Stephen King books I could get for $25, because that is how much the gift card was for, and how much I had to spend to get free shipping. And of the 5 I got, this one was the longest, and we all know the point of this thing quantity, not quality. 7,616 pages to go.

6. Things I Overheard While Talking to Myself - Alan Alda (224 pgs) I read Alda's Never Have Your Dog Stuffed a few years ago, and loved it. So, I am reading the follow up. 7,392 pages to go.

And I realize posting these 3 at a time would put the books out of order, so at the bottom of each post I will put the books in order and with running page count.

1. Swine Not? - Jimmy Buffett; 256
2. Moby Dick; or The Whale - Herman Melville; 870
3. The Stranger Beside Me - Ann Rule; 1,542 
4. Flow My Tears, The Policeman Said - Philip K. Dick; 1,773
5. Duma Key - Stephen King; 2,384
6. Things I Overheard While Talking to Myself - Alan Alda; 2,608 

No comments:

Post a Comment