07 May 2012

The Short List

Now, keep in mind, these new lists are not my summer reading list, but just various examples I came up with of other reading lists of exactly 10,000 pages, in hopes of others joining in on the project.

This list maybe shouldn't be called the short list, because almost all of these books are long as jank, but the list is short. My goal was to get the 10,000 pages in as few books as possible, this is what I came up with.


Count of Monte Cristo – Alexandre Dumas 1488
Les Miserables – Victor Hugo 1376
War and Peace – Leo Tolstoy 1408
Battlefield Earth – L. Ron Hubbard 1050
Atlas Shrugged – Ayn Rand 1200
It – Stephen King 1138
Don Quixote – Miguel de Cervantes 1024
Shogun – James Clavell 1152
The Broken Gun – Louis L’Amour 164

Nine books. Not bad! I really wanted to do it with all the books in the list over 1,000 pages, but I couldn't get the numbers to work. Oh well.

And I have no idea why I said long as jank. I know that isn't a real phrase, they aren't even all real words. My apologies.

Don't forget to check the April 30 post for the list I will be tackling this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment